Transitioning from 2d to 3d autocad drawings

Monday, March 16, 2009

AutoCAD 2010... a closer look at the New Features Workshop


If you’re like me, when you install a new version of AutoCAD you want to jump right in and try it out! I quickly dismiss all the windows that pop up (Initial Setup, New Features Workshop) so that I can start using the new tools.

NFW1


Suddenly I find myself staring at a blank AutoCAD drawing with no idea what to do. Oh, if I had only taken the time to view the New Features Workshop (NFW), I would know what’s new and where to start! Well, lucky for me (and you), the NFW is available anytime… even if you hastily dismissed it initially!
Instead of staring helplessly at the blank AutoCAD drawing, select New Features Workshop from the Help menu in the upper right corner of the display.

NFW2

The NFW is an interactive Flash-based tool that introduces you to what’s new in AutoCAD. And, it isn’t only what’s new in AutoCAD 2010. If you’re upgrading from AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD 2008, or AutoCAD 2009, you can use the NFW to get a quick overview of what’s new to YOU!


For example, if you just upgraded from AutoCAD 2008, select the AutoCAD 2009 option in the NFW to view a list of functionality that was added in AutoCAD 2009, such as the Action Recorder. You can read a brief description and view a demonstration video. Although the demo videos were created in that particular release and it may vary slightly from the AutoCAD 2010 interface, the general idea is the same and will help guide you in the right direction.

NFW4

And, of course, you’ll want to check out the new AutoCAD 2010 functionality. Did I mention this is my FAVORITE release EVER? Use the NFW to learn about free-form modeling, parametrics, PDF support, and more!

NFW5

Only a few more weeks until you can get your hands on this awesome release of AutoCAD!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP